Gladys Jeannette (Webster) Conway, our Aunt Gigi, Nanny, and Mom Conway, passed away on Thursday June 18, 2020 in Bloomington, Indiana. Mom was born in Teaneck, NJ on March 14, 1933 to David and Violet Webster. Gladys graduated from Teaneck High School where she met the love of her life Donal whom she married in 1956. She attended Centenary College where she studied performing arts and went on to be successful as an off-Broadway actress, Summer Stock Theatre, and a musical composer.
She was preceded in death by her husband of 53 years Donal Peter, her brother David Webster, and sister Doris Tylus.
Gladys is survived by her sister-in-law; Joan Webster and brother-in-law Jerry (and Bobbi) Conway.She is also survived by her five children Eileen (Montgomery), Daniel (Sheri) Conway, Patricia Conway (Rob) Diamant, Jennifer (Peter) Ianacone, and Robert Conway; twelve grandchildren: Peter Donal, Meghan (Matthew), Lesle Daniele (Dominick), Jennifer (Joe), Shannon, Sean (Natasha), Elias (Rachel), Morgan, Jane, Rachel (Jake), Erin, and Kelly; six great grandchildren, and many nieces and nephews. Family services was held at 4:00 PM Saturday, June 20, 2020 via ZOOM Video Conferencing. ZOOM login instructions may be found below.
Memorial services will be held on a later date at St. Ann’s Catholic Church in Hampton, NJ.
To honor Glady’s memory, please consider donating to one of Mom’s favorite charities; The Alzheimer’s Association, or the St. Jude or the Covenant House.
Memories of Gladys and online condolences may be shared at www.thefuneralchapel.net
ZOOM LOGIN INSTRUCTIONS
To join mom’s service through ZOOM, please follow the instructions below. Email is required in order to participate.
The service will start at 4 pm EST on Saturday. You can log in a few minutes ahead of time.
1. Copy this link and paste it in your browser.
2. A message will ask you to download the ZOOM application. This will automatically download the ZOOM program. Follow any steps it gives you. This should work either on your computer or your smart phone.
3. Then it will ask you for your name.
4. Enter your name and you will be in our ZOOM event. Be sure to click to enter the event if you see a blank screen or just a picture of you.
5. If you can, please keep your audio and video off.
6. In case it asks you, these numbers might be requested:
Meeting ID: 765 9189 8335